Halloween Absinthe Recipes
Five ghoulish cocktails that are sure to scare up some fun at your next Halloween party.
1 oz Absinthe
1 oz Midori® Melon Liqueur
1 oz lemon-lime soda
1.5 oz pineapple juice
Drizzle of grenadine
1. In a cocktail shaker, add Absinthe, Midori® melon liqueur, pineapple juice, and ice.
2. Shake vigorously and strain into 2 ounce shot glass.
3. Splash lemon-lime soda on top and a drizzle of grenadine.
Death in the Afternoon
1 ½ oz Absinthe
1/2 to 3/4 cup (4 to 6 ounces) cold Champagne or sparkling wine
1. Pour Absinthe into Champagne flute.
2. Add Champagne until a milky cloud appears, then serve.
The Poison Apple
1 oz. Absinthe
2 oz. apple cider
1 oz. cranberry juice
.5 oz. Chambord
1. Combine Absinthe, apple cider and cranberry juice in a shaker over ice and shake well.
2. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
3. Drop the Chambord to the bottom of the glass.
4. Skewer Granny Smith apple wedge on a pick and lay length wise across the edge of the glass.
The Green Lantern
1 oz. Absinthe
1 ½ oz. Midori® Melon Liqueur
Garnish: 2-3 muddled limes and long green lime spiral
1. In a rocks glass, muddle 3 lime wedges, add ice, Midori and Absinthe and transfer to a shaker.
2. Shake thoroughly and return into rocks glass.
3. Add ginger ale and lime spiral.
1 part Absinthe
1 part white crème de cacao
1 part coconut milk
Drizzle of Black Sambuca
1. Combine Absinthe, white crème de cacao and coconut milk in a shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake till frothy and strain into a short rocks glass over ice.
3. Drizzle Black Sambuca down the side of the glass until it floats on the bottom and swirls.